Flytime TV

Jason Statham Apologise For ‘Homophobic Slurs’ As Recording Of Heated Exchange On Movie Set Emerges

Jason Statham has apologised for making homophobic insults on the set of one of his big movies.

The 50-year-old actor allegedly made the homophobic remarks on the set of 2015 movie Wild Card.

He was in the middle of a heated row with longtime producing partner Steve Casman when he allegedly said: “f**king f**s”.

The conversation was recorded by a man called R.J. Cipriani, who worked as a consultant on the gambling film, according to The Blast.

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 09: Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley seen out in Manhattanon April 9, 2017 in New York City. (Photo by Robert Kamau/GC Images)  

Cipriani contacted the actor last year to make him aware that he possessed the inflammatory recording.

Statham claims he doesn’t remember making the remark but has got in front of the issue and released a statement to apologise.

“Someone approached me claiming to have a tape of me using terms offensive to the LGBTQ community during a conversation I had with my producing partner, on a movie set five years ago,” he said.

“I have never heard the recording and my multiple requests to hear the recording have been refused.

Jason Statham attends the world premiere of Universal Pictures' "The Fate of the Furious" at Radio City Music Hall on Saturday, April 8, 2017, in New York. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP)

 

“I have no recollection of making any of these offensive comments.

“However, let me be clear, the terms referenced are highly offensive. If I said these words, it was wrong and I deeply apologise.

“Anyone who knows me knows it doesn’t reflect how I feel about the LGBTQ community.

“While I cannot fix what was said in the past, I can learn from it and do better in the future.”

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Jason Statham posing for the camera 

Statham’s team are adamant anything said by the actor on the film set in New Orleans was a private conversation that should not have been recorded.

They told The Blast that taping the exchange goes against New Orleans’ Electronic Surveillance Act “which bars the recording, interception, use or disclosure of any oral or telephonic communication by means of any mechanical or electronic device without the consent of at least one party to the conversation”.

Mirror Online has contacted Jason’s representative for comment.

-Jessica Gibb

Oluchi Harrison

Add comment

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch.